I got a few to-do items completed while my mom’s here. Kids loved the giant bean bag chair at my husband’s aunt’s place in Vancouver. I decided to sew one for each of them to rest, read books, and play on.
I used the instructions on this video. She uses a 12-inch pattern. I made a 15-inch pattern for our bean bag chairs.
Steps I followed:
1. The video instructs you to cut a circle from a cardboard box. You don’t necessarily need a cardboard box.
2. You need a thread or a yarn and a pencil. Cut a 15-inch length from a yarn. Tie it to a pencil.
3. Get your paper. Fold it in half. Hold the loose end of the yarn in the middle and mark the circle. For a better visual explanation click here.
4. Connect the circles with curved lines. Fold your paper in 4 to make sure all sides match up.
5. Cut your pattern and cut 2 pieces of the fabric and 2 pieces of lining. I used white muslin for lining and corduroy for the outer fabric.
6. Match the top of the circles with the middle of the curves. Pin the fabrics and sew.
7. I sewed the lining, filled it with virgin beads and shredded foam. Then, I sewed it up.
8. I left an opening for a 19-inch heavy-duty zipper on the outer corduroy cover. We wash the cover once in a while.
As you see in the picture above, the kids loved them. However, they are having a hard time figuring out how to properly use the bean bag chairs.
BEAN BAG CHAIRS