The number of balls in our house increases over the summer. The football ball, basketball ball, soccer ball. The little kids’ sizes for my daughter, regular-sized ones for my son. We needed to organize all the balls and get them out of the way. I found this idea on Pinterest and it worked perfectly in our unfinished garage.
This project is really quick to make. We used the wood we already had and attached them to the exposed studs inside the garage.
Tools for Woodworking
1. Cut 2 pieces of wood as long as the distance between the studs.
2. Cut 4 pieces of 10-12″ of wood.
3. Screw the 3 pieces together to make a U
4. Screw the end pieces of the U to the studs.
5. Place a spare wood sheet or another piece of wood at the bottom U to prevent balls from falling through.
You have to place the racks with enough distance so that bungey cords can stay stretched. I got 36″ cords, which turned out to be a little bit longer than I needed. At least, we have enough space to store any type of ball kids might want in the future.
We use the top rack as helmet storage. I use these S hook hangers to hang them.