I had no plans to sew a butterfly wing cape for my daughter, until I came along with this amazing fabric at Hancock Fabrics. It is a sheer fabric with eye catching rainbow colors. All my materials were rainbow colored, including fabric, ric rac border and the thread.
- 3/4 yards sheer / light fabric (60″ width)
- Ric Rac border
- Hem the edges of the fabric
- Pleating the fabric, pin the border in the middle to make the torso.
- Cut pieces of the border to make handles and pin them on the upper corners of the fabric.
- Create shoulder straps, making 8 loop with the border and pin it on the middle top.
- Try it on to see how it works.
- Sew all the ric rac borders, i.e. middle for the body, upper corners for the handles and shoulder straps on to the fabric.
Her dry flower crown is from Renaissance Faire last year.
Too much bright colors going on for Chick Vader.