I am writing this post in a state of sugar-overdose. Here are our this year’s Halloween costumes.
My son wasn’t really interested in wearing a costume. This is the first year that he is aware of the link between Halloween and costume. We dressed him in this leopard costume when he was 5 months old. He had his CTA bus costume, which has half costume, half toy, last year. This year, I asked him what he wanted to be for Halloween and gave him few options. He refused all options except for Spongebob Squarepants. So I made this myself.
- 1 extra large diaper box
- Cardboard cutter knife / Utility knife
- 2 big bright yellow poster board
- 2 sheets brown craft paper
- 1 sheet red craft paper
- 1 sheet white paper
- Cut the bottom of the diaper box. Keep the top.
- Cut out head and armholes.
- Cover the top part of the diaper box with yellow poster board, middle with white paper and bottom with brown paper.
- Print out a big Spongebob face on a white paper and trace it out on the box.
- Cut out the eyes from white paper and tie from red paper. Glue them on.
- Complete the decoration with markers.
- You can support the shoulders with little towels.
My daughter is wearing the leopard costume sewn by my grandmother 2 years ago for my son. We used Simplicity Sewing patter for dummies, 0572, Pattern D. It has 4 pieces. Overall, had, shoes and paws.
Pin it for later: