- Tarpaulin fabric (oilcloth)
- Piping for the edges (bias tape)
- Fabric for straps
- Take your child’s measurements: from upper chest to knee; neck and belly for straps or ties
- Cut a pattern as shown above using the measurements. It’s easier to draw and cut when the paper is folded. First cut a rectangle. Then cut out the quarter circles, under the arms.
- Cut your fabric using the pattern.
- Sew the bias tape around it.
- Fold the strap fabrics on their right side. Sew them and pull inside out. Sew once again on the outer edge.
- Sew the velcro pieces on the strap ends. Sew the oppositve velcro piece on the apron.
- I made strap long enough to make a circle around them so that they can put on and fasten the velcro themselves.
Now they want chef hats. That means I’ll be working on chef hats soon.
Pin it for later: