This is a delicious soup that will help calm your upset stomach down if you have nausea or after throwing up with rice’s soothing effect. I cook this without salt, however you might add some to taste. Yogurt soup is soft and mushy enough to serve to your babies (who started on solid food) and children.
- 3/4 cup white or brown rice
- 6 cups water
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 2 teapoons dried mint
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Rinse the rice and strain the excess water.
- Boil the rice with 6 cups of water at medium heat until soft and mushy. Stir the rice so the bottom will not stick to the pot.
- Mix the yogurt in a separate bowl with 3 tablespoons of hot soup. Then slowly pour the yogurt into the rice in the pot while mixing.
- When you see bubbles coming out, add the butter and turn of the heat.
- Serve the soup warm, with sprinkled dried mint on top.