Continuing with Baby and Child Safety Tips in the Home…
While giving a bath to your baby:
- Never leave your baby unattended in the bathroom, in the tub or in a basin even if the water level is not even one inch.
- Use anti-slip bathtub mat or decals to prevent slipping.
- Always check the water temperature before putting your baby in the tub or under the shower head.
- Remove all sharp, incisive and dangerous objects from your baby’s reach.
- Put locks on the toilet cover and sink cabinets.
- Remove all bathroom cleaners and detergents from lower level cabinets and put them away from your child’s reach.
- When in not use, keep bathroom doors locked, or put a child door knob lock on bathroom doors.
Even though I tried, I am sure, I have not covered every aspect of child safety in these posts. We need to be very careful, extremely cautious and detailed about these lifesaving measures even if they might not be practical. The best part of it is that once you take these measures, you don’t have to be constantly nervous and keep telling your baby “Stop, sit, don’t touch that, don’t stand up…etc” You will be peaceful knowing that your home is child proof and your child who is eager to inquire and learn new things can do so in peace. If you wish to add anything else, please feel free to comment.