This recipe is a modified version of one of the dishes in Ultimate Reset. I have been receiving a big bag of Root Vegetable Soup mix from Fresh Picks for the last two shipments, I decided to cook this instead of cooking soup over and over.
- 1 big carrot
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 big red beet
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 1 yellow potato
- 1 radish
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Peel all the vegetables and cut them in 1″ cubes.
- Drizzle them with olive oil. I put them in a big ziploc bag, pour the oil in and zip up. Then toss and turn the veggies around the bag until they are evenly coated with oil.
- Heat the oven with iron cast skillet in it to 380F. I cooked the veggies in my cast iron skillet. You can use pyrex as well.
- Spread the veggies on to the skillet. I also added a little bit salt and Italian seasoning. You can leave plain as well. I covered the skillet with aluminum foil to trap the moisture. Use a cover if your tray or skillet has one.
- Cook the veggies for about 30-45 minutes, turning them around once in a while.
Serves about 4 as main dish, 6 as side dish. Pick smaller size vegetables for portion control.
Mmm, yummy. Baking the roots in the oven gives them a sweetened, even caramelized taste. It appeals to the eye, with its warm, vibrant colors, as it does to the taste buds. It’s a tasty, simple and healthy side dish.
Pin it for later: