My son had already ripped two of his pants’ knees before I was able to prevent them from being ripped. Those were good sweatpants. I didn’t want to trash them. So I decided to patch them. You can find really neat knee patch ideas on Pinterest. My favorite is monster knee patches. My son wanted Minecraft instead of monsters.
So I did it using these materials:
- Felt fabric
- Heat’n bond ultrabond
- I created patterns for Creeper and Enderman. You can download the free Minecraft knee patch pattern printable here.
- I cut the fabric and sewed the eyes and mouth in. I finished the edges with zigzag stitches. If you want to skip sewing machine, you can use a glue gun or fabric glue to attached them on the face.
- Patches are ready to be ironed on with heat’n bond. Tip: If the tear / hole is larger, sew it up before ironing the patches on. Otherwise, the bond will not hold the fabric together.
- Following the instructions, cut the paper to your required shape and size. Peel the wrong side and iron it on.
- Peel the right side and put your patch on the bond.
- Iron on the patch on the hole on the knee.
Don’t forget to download your Minecraft Knee Patch Pattern printable.