I learned this recipe from the book called “Perricone Prescription“.
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 can of chick peas
- 1 can of red kidney beans
- 1 onion (if the onion is large, then just use half of it)
- 1/2 Lemon juice
- Open the cans and rinse the beans out, put them inside a bowl.
- Chop the onions in small pieces, mix it with the beans.
- Add extra virgin olive oil on top, sprinkle salt, add lemon juice and mix.
- Add cumin to taste
Canned beans help you make a great salad instantly. You can also buy dried beans, cook them and freeze them in portion-sized ziploc bags. A can-size portion (16 oz.) is about 1 1/2 cups.