I do not have a scientific proof but I am sure this soup has immune strengthening properties. It is the perfect soup blend for cold winter days like the ones we have in Chicago.
- 8 cups of beef broth
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 1 beet
- 1 potato
- 1/2 celery root (head)
- 1 cup shredded green cabbage
- 1 tomato
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1/2 bunch italian parsley
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- Salt to taste
- Peel the potato, beet, celery root.
- Grate the beet. Put cooking oil in heated pan and saute the beet with minced garlic.
- In a pot, pour the beef broth. Add diced potatoes, diced celery root and shredded cabbage. Add salt to taste. Wait until the broth is boiled.
- Add the sauteed beets and bunch of parsley (no need to chop) into the pot let it boil again.
- Take the parsley out when the broth has boiled.
- The soup is ready to serve.
I change this recipe with different veggies such as carrots, peas and zucchini. Just a friendly reminder that celery root has a strong, dominant flavor, so keep the ratio of the celery smaller than the rest of the veggies. I blend the vegetables before serving. Definitely a tasty soup recipe for babies and adults alike.